Our tutors are experienced, professional educators who have a passion for teaching and helping students succeed.
O u r g o a l s a r e t o :
- Identify the strengths and needs of your child.
- Target and determine specific gaps in learning and foundational skills.
- Teach strategies that can be utilized when completing academic and functional activities.
- Instruct based upon your child’s learning style and pace of learning to achieve true academic and functional potential.
- Provide support for families to advocate for their child.
- Give back to the community: S.O.A.R. sponsors children who would not otherwise afford tutoring through our program.
We provide highly individualized one-on-one instruction.
Progress monitoring is key using the S.O.A.R. approach.
Our office is conveniently located on 163 Stratford Court in Winston-Salem. Our tutoring sessions take place at the S.O.A.R. office, in-home, at the library, as well as other after-school settings.
Appointment or Drop-in Hours.
Call to schedule tutoring sessions or take advantage of our Drop-in Hours at the S.O.A.R. office. We are available for drop-in educational services at our Winston-Salem office Monday through Thursday 3:00pm- 7:00pm during the school year.
W h a t w e o f f e r :
S.O.A.R Tutoring & Advocacy offers tutorial services and resources for parents and children by providing guidance and current innovative instructional practices. We will pair your child with a highly qualified instructor and monitor progress to meet your child’s academic and functional needs.
We tutor students of all ages, Kindergarten through 12th grade with personal and private, individualized tutoring in all core subject areas. We also provide instruction in study skills, functional skills and test preparation.
While our office is located in Winston-Salem, we offer flexibility in tutoring locations and hours.
- Social Studies
- Study Skills
- School Readiness/Pre-Kindergarten skills
- Functional and Daily Living Skills
- Test preparation
- Orton Gillingham Literacy
- English as a Second Language
S.O.A.R. Tutoring & Advocacy